After months of leaks, rumours, and accurate prototypes, Google finally unveiled its next-generation Pixel smartphones i.e. Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. These two smartphones are one of the most powerful Android flagship devices that sport possibly the best smartphone camera.
So here’s everything you need to know about the Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL.
Google Pixel 3 And Pixel 3 XL: Specifications And Features
The third generation Pixel devices still retain somewhat similar design ergonomics as compared to the Pixel 2. The rear side of the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL is completely made up of glass. The bottom part has a matte texture with the upper part containing the camera module is glossy.
The biggest difference can be seen on the Pixel 3 XL. The bigger brother, Pixel 3 XL is Google’s first smartphone that has a notched display. Well, what sets it apart from other notched displays are the large dimensions of this notch.
Google has incorporated a front firing stereo speaker and two front-facing camera sensors on this notch, which is the main reason behind the extended size of this notch.
Pixel 3 XL And Pixel 3 XL Specifications
- Pixel 3–5.5-inch FHD+ OLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, HDR support, 443 PPI, and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Pixel 3 XL–6.3-inch Quad HD+ OLED display with a resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels, 18.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR support, 523 PPI, and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12.2MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, ƒ/1.8 aperture, Dual PD autofocus, OIS, EIS, 4K video recording at up to 30 fps
- 8MP front camera with f/1.8 aperture, secondary 8MP fixed focus camera with f/2.2 aperture, 97° FOV, 1080p video recording at up to 30 fps
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP68)
- Stereo front-firing speakers, 3 microphones
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Pixel 3 2915 mAh battery
- Pixel 3 XL 3430mAh battery
- Pixel 3 Dimensions: 145.6 x 68.2 x 7.9mm; Weight: 148g
- Pixel 3 XL Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9mm; Weight: 184g
Google Pixel 3 And Pixel 3 XL: Camera
One of the most impressive features of the entire Pixel smartphone lineup is the camera performance. Well, Google heavily relies on AI and software processing to improve the quality of photos, rather than slightly upgrading the camera hardware each year. These are the four new features of the single sensor camera on the Pixel 3.
- Top Shot – AI based feature that captures multiple shots to pick out the best photo
- Super Res Zoom – Produces sharp details when you zoom
- Night Sight – Lets you take bright, detailed, colourful shots even in low light (coming soon to Pixel 3)
- Photobooth mode – Uses AI to recognize that when you’re smiling or making a funny expression, you’re ready for a selfie.
Google Pixel 3 And Pixel 3 XL: Pricing
The Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are available in Clearly White, Just Black and Not Pink color variants. The Pixel 3 is priced at $799 for the 64GB version and $899 for the 128GB version. While the Pixel 3 XL costs $899 for the 64GB variant and $999 for the 128GB version.
- Pixel 3 (64GB): ₹71,000
- Pixel 3 (128GB): ₹80,000
- Pixel 3 XL (64GB): ₹83,000
- Pixel 3 XL (128GB): ₹92,000
Google has also included the Google Pixel USB-C earbuds in the box.
Google’s new Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are impressive smartphones for the price. They offer reliable performance and pack possibly the best camera on any smartphone. Furthermore, added benefits like unlimited photo storage, 6 months of YouTube Music Premium, and free USB-C earbuds act as icing on the cake.
As for downsides, Google could have offered higher RAM variants. Lastly, the notch on Pixel 3 XL may annoy some users. Overall, the Pixel 3 and the Pixel 3 XL are one of the best Android smartphones that you can buy.