Apple unveiled its much-awaited 2018 iPhone lineup. Apart from the usual flagship iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, Apple also introduced the iPhone XR.
Tim Cook is claiming the iPhone XR to be the iPhone for all. Major downgrade on the iPhone XR is the LCD display as compared to OLED on iPhone XS and a single rear camera. So here’s everything you need to know about the new iPhone XR.
iPhone XR: Specifications And Features
The major highlight of the iPhone XR is the premium metal and glass construction coupled with six bright color variants.
This smartphone features an impressive 6.1-inch LCD Liquid Retina display. Apple has included a majority of features found on the iPhone XS like Face ID, A12 bionic processor, and a similar primary camera.
That said, there are no major trade-off’s but still calling iPhone XR as the iPhone for all isn’t justified by the pricing.
iPhone XR: Specifications
- 6.1-inch LCD Liquid Retina display with a resolution of 1792 x 828 pixels and 326ppi
- Six-core A12 Bionic 64-bit 7nm processor
- Four-core GPU, M12 motion co-processor
- 64GB,128GB,256GB storage options
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- Dual SIM (nano+eSIM)
- iOS 12
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera,optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, Retina Flash
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Dimensions: 150.9×75.7×8.3; Weight: 194 grams
iPhone XR is an impressive smartphone that offers almost similar performance as compared to the flagship iPhone XS Max. As far as display is concerned, it’s by no means a bad display.
In fact you won’t notice any difference until and unless you compare iPhone XR and iPhone XS side-by-side. Apple has included the similar primary camera sensor on the iPhone XR as on the iPhone XS.
As a conclusion, the iPhone XR is a capable flagship smartphone that is priced much higher than the Android competitors.
iPhone XR: Pricing And Availability
The Apple iPhone starts at $749 in the U.S. and is available for order starting from October 19th. It will go on sale in India along with over 50 countries from October 26 at Rs.76,900 (MRP) for 64GB, Rs. 81,900 (MRP) for 128GB and Rs. 91,900 for 256GB through Apple Authorised Resellers.