After many leaks and rumours, LG finally announced its latest flagship offering the LG V40 ThinQ. Well, LG is claiming five separate camera sensors to be the unique and significant highlight of the flagship device. So here’s everything you need to know about the LG V40 ThinQ.
LG V40 ThinQ: Specifications And Features
The LG V40 ThinQ sports a full metal and glass construction accompanied by an immersive 6.4-inch FullVision OLED display. That said, the most impressive feature of this flagship smartphone is the triple rear and dual front camera setup.
The primary sensor is a 12MP standard angle. While the secondary sensor is a 16MP 107-degree super wide-angle. Lastly, the third sensor is a 12MP telephoto with 2x optical zoom. Apart from the impressive camera hardware, the LG V40 also offers a capable camera software that offers dozens of nifty features and has one of the best image processing.
LG V40 Specifications
- 6.4-inch FullVision OLED display with a resolution of 3120 x 1440 pixels and 19.5:9 aspect ratio.
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable storage upto 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with LG UX custom skin, upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, 16MP super wide camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 107° lens, a 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 45° lens.
- 8MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 80° lens, and a secondary 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 90° wide-angle lens
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound, Boombox Speaker
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging
- Dimensions:158.7 x 75.8 x 7.7mm; Weight: 169g
LG V40 ThinQ: Pricing And Conclusions
LG V40 ThinQ is a reliable flagship device. You can buy this smartphone if camera performance is on top of your priority list. The triple camera on the rear of the device will offer different perspectives to the user. LG V40 ThinQ is also an ideal device for both audio and video media consumption. Furthermore, the Hi-Fi Quad DAC will impress audio enthusiasts.
As for downsides, the custom skin on LG V40 ThinQ has a significant amount of bloatware. The LG V40 ThinQ is available in New Aurora Black, New Platinum Gray, New Moroccan Blue and Carmine Red colour variants. LG V40 ThinQ is priced for around $920 (roughly Rs. 67,980)
Do share your thoughts and opinions on the LG V40 ThinQ in the comments section below.