A few months ago Xiaomi introduced its Black Shark gaming smartphone. The Chinese manufacturer has now announced its second generation Black Shark Helo gaming phone. This new gaming phone offers minor hardware updates over the first generation Black Shark. So here’s everything you need to know about the Xiaomi Black Shark Helo gaming phone.
Xiaomi Black Shark Helo Gaming Phone: Specifications And Features
The new Xiaomi Black Shark Helo gaming phone has durable design aesthetics, that truly reflect that the phone is meant for gaming. The rear side of the smartphone has a metal shell construction coupled with 3D glass with a condensed ridgeline, that provides a 3D structure to the rear side of the smartphone.
The fingerprint sensor on the Black Shark Helo has been moved to the back of the smartphone. In addition to that, there is a glowing RGB logo on the back that is fully customizable and changes colour based on the game you are playing. Furthermore, there is a dedicated SHARK button that triggers high-performance gaming mode.
Xiaomi Black Shark Helo Gaming Phone Specifications
- 6.01-inch Full HD+ display with a resolution of 2160 × 1080 pixels and 18:9 aspect ratio, 100% NTSC colour gamut, and 430 nits brightness
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB/10GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB/256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Joy UI custom skin
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, 1.25µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, and a secondary 20MP rear camera with 1.0µm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture and 1.0µm pixel size.
- Dual Smart PA, Hi-Fi Audio, Dual Front Speakers
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 160×75.25x 8.7mm; Weight: 190g
The cooling system includes two liquid cooling pipes to keep the phone cool when gaming by reducing the CPU’s core temperature by up to 12-degree. Xiaomi Black Shark Helo gaming phone outperforms many flagships in terms of graphics performance.
Xiaomi Black Shark Helo Gaming Phone: Pricing
Xiaomi’s new gaming smartphone will retail for a price of 3199 yuan (roughly Rs. 33,920) for 6GB RAM and 128GB storage version. While the version with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage costs about 3499 yuan ( roughly Rs. 37,100). Lastly, the top-end variant with 10GB RAM, 256GB storage and both right and left gamepads costs 4199 yuan (roughly Rs. 44,520).
Do share your thoughts and opinions on the Xiaomi Black Shark Helo gaming smartphone in the comments section below.