- 1 Computer Science Jobs in 2019
- 2 So what is Computer Science?
- 3 Top 10 Highest Paying Computer Science Jobs in 2019
Computer Science Jobs in 2019
Computer Science offers one of the highest paying job opportunities across the globe and there is no doubt about it.
Maybe this is the reason why the richest companies on this planet are Tech companies.
Companies like Google, Facebook, Apple, and Amazon are often known as the Big 4 (term used to mention the top 4 organizations in the relevant industry).
So, if you are thinking of pursuing computer science and have any doubts regarding its scope and starting salary package. Then we are sure that you will get answers to all your queries here.
So which is why, here in this article, we are providing with the 10 Best Highest Paying Computer Science Jobs in 2019. Do keep reading it till the end.
But before moving further you must be familiar with the definition of computer science or in simple words “What is computer science?”
So what is Computer Science?
Computer science is the study of both hardware and software design.
It comprises both the study of theoretical algorithms and the practical problems which are involved in implementing them with the help of computer hardware and software.
The study of computer science has many branches, including artificial intelligence, software engineering, programming, and computer graphics.
The need for computer science as a discipline has grown as computers become more integrated into our day-to-day lives and technology continues to advance.
Top 10 Highest Paying Computer Science Jobs in 2019
1. Data Scientist
The first and foremost job profile on our list is of Data Scientist.
Data Scientist plays a very crucial role in the growth of an organization.
Since every organization or business is on the internet these days. Big companies like Amazon hire Data Scientists to scan their userbase data so to make necessary decisions regarding their services and products listing.
These changes help them to achieve maximum benefits or profits as they make highly-necessary decisions based on their report conducted by a data scientist.
Which is why Data Scientists enjoy one of the highest paying job profile in the information and technology a.k.a IT industry.
Following are some of the Roles and Responsibilities of Data Scientist:
Roles and Responsibilities of a Data Scientist
- Fetch information from various sources and analyzes it for better business understanding.
- Build AI (artificial intelligence) tools that automate certain processes within the company.
- Creation of various machine learning-based tools.
- Conduct reports performing statistical analysis.
- Should be able to communicate high-authority with necessary data and information regarding changes.
Required Educational Qualification in Degrees – Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, math, physics, or another related field. Also Computer Science, Data Science, and Information Systems.
Average Base Pay: $117,345/yr
2. Big Data Engineer
The next job profile on the list is Big Data Engineer.
Similar to Data Scientist, Big Data Engineer looks deeply into the user data which directly helps organizations to gain insights into the consumer’s mind.
As industries have become more and more dependent on user data, companies are always looking for skillful people to help them. Which is why it is more important for a big data engineer to stay updated and highly-skilled.
Following are some of the Roles and Responsibilities of Big Data Engineer:
Roles and Responsibilities of Big Data Engineer
- Big Data Engineer is Responsible for Hadoop development.
- Manage technical communication between the survey vendor and internal systems.
- Must collaborate with other development and research teams.
- Create and deliver Big Data Solutions.
Required Educational Qualification in Degrees – Minumum Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or a related field. Also, Degree in Computer Science and Information Systems is preferable.
Average Base Pay: $116,591/yr
3. Manager at Information Systems Security
The next Job profile on the list is Manager at Information Systems Security.
The Manager at Information Systems Security more commonly known as INFOSEC is fairly responsive to look-over and maintain the security of company and customer’s data.
In simple words, He/She coordinates and execute security policies and even assess the vulnerabilities within a company to make it more secure and less prone to hack or data leak attacks.
They also manage backup and security systems, employee training, security planning measures, and recovery of data in disaster situations.
The majority of Information system security managers work full time in an office. But some still prefer to work remotely.
Following are some of the key Roles and Responsibilities of Information Systems Security Manager:
Roles and Responsibilities of Information Systems Security Manager
- Oversee all IT security needs for an organization.
- Document the Security Policies.
- Manage the team of information security specialists.
- Continuously work on system security.
Required Educational Qualification in Degrees – Degree in Cyber Security and Information Systems.
Average Base Pay: $88,881/yr
4. Software Engineer
Software Engineer is considered as the Hottest Job profile among the all.
It is one of the most demanded job profile in the computer science industry.
Software Engineers apply principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer science to the design, development, and testing of software applications for computers.
One more amazing fact is that a small percentage of software engineers work alone, but most collaborate with other specialists in development groups all working together to create complex projects.
It’s a very interesting job and also considered as one of the highest paid job profiles in the world.
Following are some of the Roles and Responsibilities of Software Engineer:
Roles and Responsibilities of Software Engineer
- Directing Software Programming Initiatives.
- Overseeing the development of documentation.
- Developing and Executing Project plans smartly.
- Applying Mathematics and other learned subjects in Problem Solving.
- Testing new software and fixing bugs.
- Continuously making software work better than before.
Required Educational Qualification in Degrees – A Degree in Computer Science and Computer Engineering.
Average Base Pay: $103,035
5. Data Architect
The next job Profile on the list is of Data Architect.
Data Architect is responsible for designing, creating, deploying and managing an organization’s data architecture.
In simple words, Data Architect builds, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models.
It’s a profile for those who have an analytical mind.
So if you love taking complex ideas and breaking them down into logical steps then Data Architecture is for you.
Data architects build complex computer database systems for companies and work with a team that looks at the needs of the database.
Following are some of the roles and responsibilities of Data Architect:
Roles and Responsibilities of Data Architect
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information.
- Analyze the structural requirements for new software and applications.
- Provide a data architecture for an organization’s data assets.
- Define structures, models, flow diagrams, and overall metadata.
- Apply logical and physical data modeling skills.
- Oversee a Data Modeler’s efforts.
Required Educational Qualification in Degrees – Degree in Data Science and Computer Science.
Average Base Pay: $123,680/yr
6. Network Architect
Network Architect is responsible for designing the communication network.
He/She is also responsible for the development and implementation of computer network systems for large or small companies.
They handle all the network related tasks which can be anything related to designing computer networks including local/wide area networks (LANs/WANs), install routers, modems and other hardware and software needed to make these data communication networks work.
Network Architects can be employed in any type of industry and from past few decades, it has also been observed that the demand of Network Architects has increased to a very extent. So in our opinion, if you are thinking to become a Network Architect then go for it.
Following are some of the Roles and Responsibilities of Network Architect:
Roles and Responsibilities of Network Architect
- Designing the Communication network.
- Compare and purchase network hardware, such as routers, switches, modems, and firewalls.
- Work closely with the CTO and other executives to align network design with organizational goals.
- Supervise network engineers, network admins and other workers in network setup & configuration.
- Periodically test and evaluate network performance, and adjust and redesign network where applicable.
Required Educational Qualification in Degrees – Degree in Computer Science and Information Systems.
Average Base Pay: $87,408/yr
7. Software Quality Assurance (QA) / Testing – Manager
Quality Assurance manager also known as “OA” is a person who performs quality assurance efforts within an organization. It’s a very important job profile.
They use their programming, coding and testing skills to help software developers enhance their product performance.
He/She is also responsible to test a plan to inspect thousands of lines of code to make sure they are entirely error-free. They also look for flaws and loopholes in a program.
From the past couple of years, the demand for Software Quality Assurance (QA) / Tester has increased very rapidly.
Following are some of the roles and responsibilities of Software Quality Assurance (QA):
Roles and Responsibilities of Software Quality Assurance
- Manage the team of QA (Quality Analyst).
- Interact with stakeholders and attend high-level project meetings.
- Interact with developers and help them writing code neat and clean.
- Budget resources for inter-departmental efforts.
Required Educational Qualification in Degrees – A Degree in Computer Science and Management.
Average Base Pay: $98,393/yr
8. Web Developer
A Web Developer is basically a person who built beautiful websites on the internet.
There are basically two types of Web Developers:
- Front-end Developer
- Back-end Developer
He/She is responsible for coding, designing, and making the website more functional. It is one of the best computer science jobs in the market today.
Web developers basically write well designed, testable, and efficient code by using best software development practices. Not only that they also create a website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
They Integrate data from various back-end services and databases and also gathers and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs and at last creates and maintain software documentation.
Following are some of the roles and responsibilities of the Web Developer:
Roles and Responsibilities of Web Developer
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope, to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
Required Educational Qualification in Degrees – A Degree in Computer Science and Programming.
Average Base Pay: $75,487/yr
9. UX Designer
The term UX Designer stands for user experience designer.
It’s a very creative job profile and also the most preferred by freshers.
The UX Designer is fairly responsible to design a highly interactive user interface with beautiful layout and functionality.
They play with color combinations very well.
The job of UX Designer can be office based or freelance. It has also been observed that the majority of UX Designers like to work as a freelance more than office based.
Following are some of the roles and responsibilities of UX Designer:
Roles and Responsibilities of UX Designer
- Design software interface.
- Conducting user research and testing.
- Developing wireframes and task flows based on user needs.
- Collaborating with Designers and Developers to create intuitive, user-friendly software.
- Works with color combinations and by having a creative mind.
- Design UI based on different screen sizes and levels.
- Interact with front-end developers very often for work.
Required Educational Qualification in Degrees – Degree in Computer science, Graphic design, Visual design, and Web programming.
Average Base Pay: $90,697/yr
10. Applications Architect
Last but definitely not the least on our list is Applications Architect.
As the name suggested this job profile is all about designing Applications Layouts.
In simple words creating new and intuitive computer solutions is the key feature of this job profile.
Developers build every module or program based on the structure given by Applications Architect.
Following are some of the roles and responsibilities of Applications Architect:
Roles and Responsibilities of Applications Architect:
- The very first responsibility of Applications Architect is to Oversee the Design Process for Application Software.
- Create Technical Documents.
- Provide Technical Support and Training.
- Apply design and testing methods in the creation of App structure.
Required Educational Qualification in Degrees – A Degree in Computer Science and App Design and Programming.
Average Base Pay: $124,230/yr
So this was all regarding the 10 Best Highest Paying Computer Science Jobs in 2019.
If you find it Useful then do let us know in the comment section below, we would love to hear that.
Stay tuned for more.