What is C++ Programming language?
C++ is a general purpose object-oriented programming language which is used to develop Games, GUI (Graphical User Interface) based apps, database software and even Operating Systems.
The popularity of the language is so huge that it has made to the list of top 10 programming languages in the world. It is widely used to serve many purposes and the devices on which c++ run are also very large in number.
This language was an inspiration for the origin and foundation of other languages as well. For instance, java and python work on the same principles as c++ does. All three are object-oriented programming languages. But obviously is used to serve different purposes. Then what makes it so much popular? let’s find out.
Definition- C++ is a high-level programming language developed by Bjarne Stroustrup at Bell Labs. C++ adds object-oriented features to its predecessor, C. C++ is one of the most popular programming languages for graphical applications, such as those that run in Windows and Macintosh environments.
Why was C++ created?
It was first introduced in 1979 by Bjarne Stroustrup at AT&T Bell Labs New Jersey, United States. Back then it was used for writing Unix Programs only but as the time has changed, now it is used for almost every platform. Also, the Syntax of “C++” is nearly as same as “C” but with an object-oriented feature. This feature allows programmers to create objects within the code. This clearly made programming more fun and easy.
Features of C++
- Fast- C++ is one of the fastest languages till now. It offers great performance. As C++ is an extended version of C it offers better features as well. This resulted in a huge boost of speed that high-level languages such as Python and Java won’t be able to give you.
- Powerful & Portable- C++ is a very powerful yet portable programming language. The program written in one OS (Operating System) can be run on another as well.
- Object-oriented- C++ is also an object-oriented programming language which clearly means that the large and complex problems must be divided into small chunks. This makes C++ more practical and easy to adapt as well.
- Multi-paradigm language- C++ is a multiparadigm programming language. It supports more than 7 different styles of programming. This allows developers to choose their own preferred taste.
- Standard Library Power- These libraries include algorithms which can be used in programs. This saves a hell lot of time which might be wasted while programming.
- Statically Typed- C++ is a statically typed programming language which doesn’t allow compilers to make any assumptions.
- Irreplaceable- Some things are irreplaceable in life. Similar like that C++ programming language is also irreplaceable. Also, there’s a huge community which is constantly improving C++, means that it is expected to be used even more in the coming future.
Applications of C++
Though C++ is quite an old language but its still in use. Many modern apps were made using c++. Here we are providing you with an overview of what type of apps are made.
- Games- Yes Games, some of you might be thinking is it even possible? the answer is yes. The language is extremely fast which allows procedural programming for CPU intensive functions.
- GUI based apps- The term GUI stands for a graphical user interface. Many popular apps like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier, and Illustrator etc were made using C++.
- Advance Computations and Graphics- C++ allows the building of real-time simulations, heavy image processing, and much more. Many popular visual effects software are also coded in C++.
- Operating Systems- C++ played an integral part in building operating systems such as Mac OS x, and some version of windows as well.
Various Resources to learn C++
Similar to any other language there are tons and tons of resources to learn C++ as well. Of course, you can take offline courses in your city or can look for free or paid online courses too. So here we are listing some of the best available resources on the internet which provide extensive tutorials on C++.
So this was all regarding C++ if you find this helpful let us know in the comment section below. Would love to hear that.
Stay tuned for more.
Also Read- Top 8 Highest paid programming jobs